Data Protection Policy
Elderly Care Service Limited is an independently owned and operated home care service provider based in the UK. Elderly Care Service Limited is a company registered in England & Wales. Our company registration number is 07912118 and our registered office address is Unity Business Centre, 26 Roundhay Road, Leeds LS7 1AB. All references to “We” or “Us” in this Policy are references to Elderly Care Service Limited only.
This Data Protection Policy describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our promise to you:
We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
How to Contact Us
You can always contact Us by:
Telephoning us 0113 234 1660
Sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries relating to job applications should be directed to the Elderly Care Service Limited office who is advertising the vacancy.
Our Privacy Contact is
Legal Counsel – Colin Peterson
Telephone: 0113 234 1660
The kind of information we collect and hold about you
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter via our website www.elderlycareservices.co.uk you can do so in which case we will collect your email address for the purposes of sending you our newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link in our newsletter.
We do not collect any other personal data through the use of our main website. We do collect personal data via our related website such as our recruitment website (https://www.elderlycare-services.co.uk/jobs/).
If you contact us by email and telephone, we will only collect and process the personal data which you provide to us and it shall only be used for the purposes for which you provide your personal data to us.
For example, if you contact us with an enquiry about the provision of care, we may take your details to forward them to one of our local Elderly Care Service Limited offices only. We will not retain your data or use your data for any other purpose.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Where Your Data is stored
We do not, as a matter of course, transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area and use, as far as possible, UK or European data centres. Where we use data processors, we only do so in limited circumstances and always only after completing a thorough due diligence process to ensure the continued safety and security of your data.
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
1. Right to Access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
3. Right to be Forgotten – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that where we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it.
4. Right to Restrict Processing – in some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
5. Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
6. Right of Data Portability – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine-readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to such other third party as you specify in your request.
7. Automated Decision-Making Objection Right – automated decision-making is where a decision is made entirely by technological means without human intervention. We don’t use or rely on automated decision-making.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact (preferably in writing) our Privacy Department using the contact details above.
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We keep our Policy under regular review. This Data Protection Policy was last updated on 30th April 2018.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact our Privacy Department.